WineBourse is a low cost online trading platform for cases of wine stored in UK and European Bonded Warehouses.
WineBourse is designed for private collectors and industry professionals to transact anonymously, efficiently, and securely in a transparent real-time marketplace.
WineBourse's trading platform is integrated with the stock management and logistical operating systems of its partnered bonded warehouses.
This means WineBourse's clients can benefit from an automated, secure, and efficient trading experience.
The trade settlement period on WineBourse is a fraction of what currently exists in the market.
Our end-to-end data integration with our partnered warehouses also means that our users can easily view and manage their wine portfolio in a seamless and enjoyable user experience.
WineClear is the clearing company for WineBourse group.
WineClear provides a secure transaction clearing process on every TRADE called "Delivery versus Payment", which is a Global Financial Markets standard for the settlement of commodities.
During this "trade clearing period" the objective is to ensure simultaneous exchange of the wine for the receipt of payment.
WineClear uses the services of WineCustody to store the wine during the trade clearing period. WineCustody is the group's Custodial company, and is fully ring-fenced from the rest of the group to ensure peace of mind to our clients. See What is WineCustody for further information.
In order to complete a secure simultaneous exchange of the traded wine for receipt of payment, WineClear uses WineCustody to store the wine until it is ready for transfer to the Buyer's preferred bonded account or delivery address.
WineCustody is the group's custodial company, legally structured as a trust whereby it is only a "Nominee holder" of wine held in its consignment.
Therefore WineBourse's client always remains as the "Beneficiary" owner of wine held at WineCustody.
WineCustody has been designed to provide optimum peace of mind to our clients. The company is fully ring-fenced from the rest of the group by the following Articles of Association:
- No Cross-Default with any other part of the group
- No inter-company lending
- No co-mingling of assets with any other part of the group
- No shareholders present or future may pledge any assets or shareholding for any reason
- All shareholders pledge not to alter any of the above listed, four Articles of Association
All WineBourse users receive their own WineCustody account upon registration.
WineCustody offers some of the most competitive storage rates in the market also, should you wish to store your wines with us.
If a buyer would like to buy at a price that is not yet offered on WineBourse, then the buyer can use the "MAKE BID" button to publish his demand for this wine at his preferred price.
Hovering over the Offer Price presents the user with the option to "MAKE BID".
The "MAKE BID" form will guide the buyer through the process of specifying:
- his required purchase Price (Bid Price)
- his required Quantity of the wine (Number of Cases)
- his preferred bonded warehouse account or address for delivery
Hovering over the Offer price on WineBourse gives the buyer the option to "BUY NOW" at the listed offered price.
The BUY NOW form is defaulted with the terms of the Seller's Offer:
- the Price per Case/Bottle
- the Maximum and Minimum required number of cases
The Buyer must specify:
- his preferred bonded warehouse account or address for Delivery
- and his preferred Payment method
The buyer's delivery options are:
- to store his purchased wines within WineBourse's custodial company WineCustody
- to transfer the wine to his preferred bonded warehouse account
- to deliver to his preferred delivery address
When a Buyer creates his first BID he will be asked for debit or credit card details OR cash on account to pre-authorise the transaction.
This creates a Secured Funds balance of whatever the total price of the BID is.
The buyer can then re-use his Secured Funds balance to create up to 100 BIDs in total, while using the blocked funds on the first BID they created.
Let's look at an example for illustration.
- A buyer creates a BID that has a Total Bid Price of £2000.
- £2000 is blocked on his debit / credit card OR on his cash on account.
- The buyer's Secured Funds balance is now updated to £2000.
- The buyer can create another 99 BIDs on WineBourse for up to £2000 each.
- However, the total amount of blocked funds is £2000.
- Once one of the BIDs is matched with an OFFER and a trade is confirmed, then the buyer's Secured Funds balance is reduced to zero.
- WineBourse will send an email notification asking for the buyer's approval to increase his Secured Funds balance once again to match the price of his highest BID.
- All of the Buyer's BIDs are temporarily de-activated until the Buyer re-instates his Secured Funds balance.
Secured Funds ensures that the buyer's BID to buy wine is matched with an OFFER to sell wine automatically. Therefore the Buyer will not miss out on his preferred OFFER price on the exchange.